Election Commitment: Airsoft QLD

Good Afternoon ,

My name is William Coleman and i am the current President of the QLD Airsoft Sports Club. I am planning on putting a post up in the coming days with, “which political parties support the introduction of Airsoft as a sport into QLD” to help our followers who may be planning on voting with Airsoft in mind.

I was wondering if you might be able to confirm the stance the Pirate Party Australia takes with Airsoft.

Kind Regards,

Will Coleman

My response

Hello William, I’m second on the senate ticket for Queensland. I’m a big fan of gel balling and paintball, and I know a lot of the struggle other states have with gellballing - particularly NSW. Brad from Armoured Heaven which sells paintball markers, gel blasters and tactical accessories was forced to move his site up here to Brissy to avoid criminal penalties. My running mate Brandon Selic is also an avid shooter and understands the tight line our gun regulation runs in this country.

We have spoken in the past and definitely support the decriminalisation of airsoft and would look forward to it’s development in Queensland as a recreational sport.