OpenAustralia launches "They Vote For You", a website for tracking parliamentary voting behaviour

Check out how your representatives vote on your behalf here: https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/

Cool features include organising voting based on policy area, and showing a profile of each representative and their voting trends.

What do you think of the website? Would love to see your comments.

1 Like

Looks great, functions excellently on mobile browsers too.
‘How does your MP vote on the issues that matter to you?’ seems a bit long to me viewing it on the main page though. ‘Does your MP represent you?’ or ‘Who does your MP really represent?’ or something shorter along those lines might work better.

It also depresses me how many loyal backbenchers that just tow the party line, and one of them represents me…

Really great idea, important to have such a tool for political memory on various issues. Too often we just forget what MPs say, and what they do. A great tool for both journalists and activists to use in calling them out on their hypocrisy, or finding supporters/weak links in a campaign. Was surprised to see names like Lundy, an advocate for open government, amongst names of those that have supported an expansion of government surveillance powers.