The open source revolution is coming and it will conquer the 1% - ex CIA spy

This is a very interesting article.

The open source revolution is coming and it will conquer the 1% - ex CIA spy

2 Likes

Steele has updated his book and the blog has daily contributions from a multitude of progressive sources on most subjects, as well as a vast number of reviews of non-fiction books. Well worth a visit - Public Intelligence Blog • The truth at any cost lowers all other costs - http://www.phibetaiota.net/

I got a copy of the ebook the other day and though I’m not far into it yet, it does look very interesting. There is a certain level of irony, though, that it was locked by Adobe DRM … albeit only for a few minutes for me (I’ve got no problems with buying it, but plenty with being dictated to by Adobe as to how I access it).

Interesting one.
I tend to agree with his overall premise but I notice he was most fuzzy on the points relating to transition from here to there. That’s always going to be tricky. The existing structures will resist change.

I expect there will be considerably more detail in the book than there is in a single article providing an overview of the concepts. I’m still only in the opening of the thing, but just looking at the contents it gradually builds up to things like chapter six with “whole systems thinking”, “the challenge of complexity”, “complex threats to Humanity and the Earth”, “responding with flexibility” and so on. Then in chapter seven there is, amongst other things, “taking control of the future” and assorted public intelligence parts.

So I expect there will be something a little more practical there too. A quick glance at the opening of chapter seven pretty much confirms that (though it depends on collaboration and not the individual struggling through a dystopian oppression).