Melbourne Pirates Gathering Sunday 24 April

I think I can make it

1 Like

I won’t be able to attend, but have a good one.

I should make it. don’t think i own any pirate looking outfits so might have to find you.

1 Like

We now have the big table reserved at the cafe!

1 Like

I’m in. See you guys at 2pm.

Loomio, as discussed at the table wrt liquid democracy https://www.loomio.org/

1 Like

Thanks for the link - good session yesterday, pleasure meeting you all.

Nice to meet you as well

Thank you everyone for coming! This gave me a much better sense of the Pirate Party. Do people want to meet again Sunday 22 May?

1 Like

Absolutely! Thanks again for organising the gathering, it was great to meet everyone.

22nd is good for me.

22nd okay too but maybe somewhere a bit quieter next time, we all had a lot to say and the discussions got fragmented across the table

Woot, Melbourne’s coming back. Great work, organisers & attendees. Good to see.

1 Like

Okay, how about Sunday 22 May 2:30pm at Wood N Chimney, level 3, Melbourne Central, right next to the Hoyts.

2 Likes

How noisy is it? Last time I couldn’t hear very well

The instant you need a table for twelve people, the place has to be so large that you are going to get a noisy echo. At least on a Sunday afternoon I know for a fact that Wood N Chimney doesn’t have a lot of custom. So, we aren’t getting that for ambient noise.

Another alternative would be to meet someplace like Electron Workshop. We just wouldn’t get any drinks or food service.

I’ll trust your judgement

I think the answer is to try a few places and see what sticks. Wood N Chimney is right at a train station which is handy. I say we test the waters until everyone is sufficiently happy.

1 Like

Oww man… I can’t believe I only just saw this and missed the meeting! Been waiting for this moment for years…
I’m keen to be there at the next one though! :smiley:

2 Likes

Shall we put this in the web calendar?

1 Like