Congress 2020 - planning

Hi all!

Congress 2020 is to be held entirely online this year. We’ve now set the date.

The PPAU Constitution provides that Congress is to be held over a weekend starting in July.

The National Council has determined that Congress shall be on the 25th and 26th of July.

I can lend a good microphone and a bad webcam for the weekend.

1 Like

Microphone > webcam anyway :wink:

I can provide the settings and resources for OBS to duplicate the look of last year’s stream (e.g. the topic ticker and the clock)
Any changes wanted or looks preferred?

The look was pretty good from memory. I’d have to go through and rewatch some of the stream…

With the pandemic, it is very likely that Congress will be held entirely online. By my reading of the Constitution, we can do that. Certainly we we work hard every year to ensure first-class remote participation.

The equivalent-to-normal format is that presenters [video] call in and everyone participates in the text chat.

1 Like

At the National Council meeting last night, we formally voted to hold Congress entirely online.

I believe the Party prepared to do this procedurally and organisationally, as we have always gone to extensive effort to ensure that remote participants at previous Congresses had as good an experience as possible.

I have edited the original post of this thread to reflect the changes.

1 Like

Updates: National Council is generally more in favour of the 25th/26th. Confirmation to come.

Update update: It’s definitely the 25th/26th, and definitely online. Official email in the next day or two.

Shout out to @mandrke for their work on getting the wiki into shape for this year, in preparation.

1 Like