Internal communications & engagement

@Simon has been going on about how he hasn’t felt sufficiently engaged, and I think he has a point.

Some of this might have been covered in the final two hours yesterday, but still good I think to cover it here.

I think there’s a few fairly straightforward actions we can take.

First, have two pinned threads. One is Tasks for Pirates, the other ‘what’s going on this month?’ The latter thread is intended to catch all the ephemeral links that currently get posted in IRC and the discussion around them.

Secondly, have a thread tied to the current PDC topics. This will permit members who can’t make the meetings to participate in the discussion, and in any event forums > chat for long form discussion anyway.

Thirdly, a regular (monthly?) email based on the above threads: what are the issues, how did we react to them, what are we talking about, get involved.

3 Likes

I think those are great suggestions @alexjago. I’d also like to see more on our social media sites, particularly commentary on the party’s views on current events. It’s labour intensive but if we want our platform out there we’ve got to be more active and spark more discussion outside of this forum and IRC.

3 Likes

Yes, but… Much as I want to avoid silo mentality, that’s not the problem I’m trying to solve in this thread.

I meant it more as an extension of your third point, but fair enough, it does take things down a slightly different road

1 Like

Great! How would you like to help?

I’d be happy to put my hand up for writing/blogging duty and/or page admin-ing. Where do I sign up?

1 Like

https://pirateparty.org.au/gettinginvolved/

:slight_smile:

1 Like

https://pirateparty.org.au/gettinginvolved/

Social Media Team, Press Team, check out the Tasks for Pirates page on the wiki (and search in the forum for its thread).

1 Like

Thanks guys, I’ll sign up right now :slight_smile: Sorry for the hijack!!!

3 Likes

Perhaps each task should have it’s own thread. Multiple tasks in a mega-thread is messy, but keep the mega-thread. 2nd pinned thread, sure.

yes. edit: how about PDC has it’s own forum category? Like the Pirate Bureau.

Quarterly is less intrusive. Active Pirates are already here and those on any email list not here already don’t want to be active, yet. Same content with more time to prepare.

1 Like