Member Survey

At the last National Council meeting we discussed holding a member survey in order to get an idea what the broader membership thinks we should be doing, what they think of policy, how would they like to be involved etc.

If you have any ideas as to what we should be asking, please add them to the pad!

I realise I have put in a lot of questions, but I expect the list to be culled back as we go. We have a couple of weeks or so to sort out what we want to ask.

Is there a decision or governance process that this data will be used to inform?

I think also a q on not whether you agree with policy, but whether the policy process is sufficient to represent the party.
Whether the policy is of high quality
Whether policy is sufficiently debated by experts
Whether policy sufficiently engaged with by rank and file
Whether policy is seen as of meaningful value
Whether policy seen as realistically being achievable

The idea came to me when @rundll proposed extra days for us to do stuff around Congress. I had the idea of using it to inform what the extra day(s) would consist of initially, using it as a starting point to determine what we do with that time together. I think however, the data will be valuable to inform our focus and broader direction as an organisation.

I am conscious that I sit quite a way to the left politically within the Party, so having some feedback is good to make sure I can do a good job reflecting the Party to the broader public and not alienate our members.[quote=“edeity, post:2, topic:1092”]
I think also a q on not whether you agree with policy, but whether the policy process is sufficient to represent the party.
Whether the policy is of high quality
Whether policy is sufficiently debated by experts
Whether policy sufficiently engaged with by rank and file
Whether policy is seen as of meaningful value
Whether policy seen as realistically being achievable
[/quote]

I like these. The main thing I am trying to keep in mind logistically is trying to keep the survey short enough that a decent sample size can be collected, yet detailed enough to be informative. I’m not entirely sure how that balance can be achieved at this stage.

Cability to get a good sample size is in itself quite meaningful data, possibly more meaningful than the answers.

Please leave space at the end for a box where the PPAU member just gets to tell us what’s on their mind.

2 Likes

I think there should also be some questions that go beyond policy, rather how members want to see the party expand and other similar questions.