Party Updates - November 2018

Party updates - November '18

Hi Pirates -

A few updates for November.

Preselection continues

Our previous round of preselection left us with only one candidate in WA, Clive Myers. He needs a running mate, so the National Council has opened a second round of preselection for the second spot on the WA Senate ticket.

Preselection is open and will culminate in a Preselection Meeting to be held on Saturday the 1st of December, online on PirateIRC, at 4PM Perth time.

Email the National Council if you’re interested in running – I’ll talk you through the process.

State and Territory Coordinators wanted

If you want to see this party succeed, a great way to help out is by becoming a State or Territory Coordinator. Your duties will include scheduling local meetups, organising local volunteers, and helping work towards state-level branch registration.

Organisational updates

We’re also pleased to announce that John Wilson has stepped up early last month to become Deputy Secretary.

How you can help out

We still have vacancies for the positions of Policy Development Officer and Press Officer.

If you’re a writer or a designer, your talents will be valued in the Press Team or in the Pirate Bureau.

As always, I invite you to be here on the forum to give your input on current events, interesting articles, and much more.

Let’s do this!

Happy sailing,

Alex Jago

Secretary

Pirate Party Australia

4 Likes

@Pauld has put his hand up for the WA preselection contest. Thanks for stepping forward, Paul!

If anyone else would like to contest the preselection, just email me.

This topic was automatically closed after 27 days. New replies are no longer allowed.