Vector Graphics repository

(Alex Jago) #1

I have created a repo in my personal GitHub to store all the various SVGs I’ve made for Party purposes over the last year or so. It contains quite a few SVGs.

What I’ve also done is created a programmatic way to render SVGs to PDF (in a local copy). And most importantly, that same script will find all occurrences of PPAU_AUTH_TAG and PPAU_PRINT_TAG in the SVGs and replace those lines with the contents of ppau_auth_tag.txt and ppau_print_tag.txt respectively.

I’ll be improving on the build system in the next little while (more render formats!), and retrofitting my SVGs to have the new placeholder tags.

(Alex Jago) #2

Update: we’ve done the sensible thing and forked it over to the PPAU repo. Future things will happen there:

If you have SVG format artwork sitting on your disks, get in touch with Tom or I so it can be added. Not sure how we’ll do Illustrator files yet though.

(Alex Jago) #3

I’m considering switching renderers, specifically from rsvg-convert to Inkscape (it’s heavier, but better quality). If this would be a breaking change for anyone, speak now.

Ping @rundll (I don’t know of anyone else who might have tried to use this yet).

(Tom Randle) #4

Sounds fine, if you’re doing graphics work for us then you should have the space to handle inkscape as a dependency.

(Alex Jago) #5

I raised ‘heaviness’ as a concern because I’m thinking ahead to putting it on a server for continuous integration.

But even so, it shouldn’t really be that much of an issue.

UPDATE: I’ve made the switchover.

(Alex Jago) #6

Updates! It’s extremely rough around the edges, but…

Check out https://abjago.net/ppau-graphics — proof of concept of a new and easy way to get PDFs with correct authorisation and printing tags.

Or at least, it will be once I’ve installed all the fonts on my server.