We’ll likely have some time to cover some discussion topics this year, so please pick three from the list below and reply with your chosen topics, or if you think there’s something we really should be discussing, please suggest it!
This informal poll will close on Friday so we can finalise the agenda prior to Congress.
- How to be more engaging in the real world with local meetings, etc
- What does “non-commercial” actually mean?
- We do not have a full understanding of what we mean by “non-commercial” in the context of copyright. Is the Pirate Bay a commercial copyright infringer? What about Mega and other filelockers? How involved does a service provider need to be in order for it to be a commercial copyright infringer?
- The Pirate Party’s position on G20
- The Pirate Party’s position on becoming a republic
- Does Australia need to abolish the monarchy? Is the monarchy still relevant? Is our current system appropriate? What changes would need to be made? What sort of republic would we would support?
- International Cooperation between Pirate Parties
- Freedom of speech: are there acceptable limits?
- The right to reputation, the right to privacy, restrictions on the use of confidential information, illegality and national security concerns all limit freedom of speech. Just what are the acceptable limits and how can we define them, if at all?
- The “why” of Pirate Party Australia
- To encrypt or not to encrypt? That is the question
- When is it appropriate to encrypt communications? When is it appropriate to be open and transparent?
- Civil liberties in the virtual world: how do we ensure our rights when there’s no physical intrusion? etc the philosophy of digital rights