Pirate Party memes

The major parties loot and pillage with abandon - for honesty and transparency #votepirate

What do you think of these? I have a few more but I can only make 3 posts of one image each because I’m new. How long until those restrictions end?

2 Likes

1 Like

@adam I like the label maker font thing. Particularly I like “Good Governance. No Joke”.

1 Like

“protect the reef, save our treasure”

4 Likes

“poop on the deck, not as government policy”

“Freedom, Accountability and Transparency walk into a bar. Make it the parliamentary bar”

Something like that? (yeah, I stole the label maker font idea. thanks @adam)

2 Likes

These are looking great! :smiley: Just a reminder that ‘DRAFT’ should be somewhere prominent on these until they’re approved by the National Council. This is so we don’t fall foul of any electoral advertising laws.

To comply with electoral advertising laws, before publication or distribution all … draft materials should have large red “DRAFT” text emblazoned over it where practical.

Source.

1 Like

@Mozart

Who do I ask to edit my OP to reflect this?

I’d just edit the images and reupload them.

I can’t see any edit option for my OP. I can still edit my “save our treasure” so I suspect the system only allows editing for a specific time. I could easily be missing something. But, I’m good with a tractor …

No pencil icon at the bottom of your post?

Nope. First thing I looked for.

I would classify these more as posters than memes (although all information transmission is fundamentally memetic). They look good, communicate a message. But not self replicating.

A meme by definition has a self replication mechanism - something that triggers the viewer to share / copy / imitate the meme across many communication channels to other potential hosts.

1 Like

Liquid Democracy as a solution for decision making in a political party turns out to be too superficial for purpose.
Simple popularity is not a good basis for decision making.
It needs to go a lot deeper, understanding core values, evaluating evidence, open transparent debate etc.
Liquid Democracy does not provide these things.
Nice name though.

1 Like

My only suggestion is to change “sea-grassroots” to “seagrass-roots” as it flows a little better and when punning you use the replacement word as the joke ie “Isabel really necessary on a bike” not “Is-a-bell really necessary on a bike”

1 Like

Also: we have an Identity Style Guide - let’s follow it.

It would also be helpful to use CC or public-domain images and explicitly say that.

Anyway, here’s what I think the seagrass-roots one might look like in that context.

1 Like

Something I did a couple of years ago for a facebook banner (hence the nothingness in the bottom left):

It’s a bit of a mess and needs a good rework, but I think it’s got potential.

Edit to add: @edeity you make a good point about the poster-meme distinction. Now this, this is a meme:

I suggest that you switch the position of the pics around on reef one so that #VotePirate isn’t sitting on top of bleached coral.

1 Like