QLD state election?

Is the PPAU running candidates? Do they need more members to do so?

Are you thinking of running? We would probably endorse someone at minimum if we don’t manage to run.

Yes we definitely need more QLD members

Check this out

(Alex Jago) #4

Hi there - yep, we definitely need more Queenslanders to sign up before we can register at a state level and officially run candidates.

@Emily, @miles_w, I and anyone else interested will at some point do up a “this is everyone else’s policy and here’s how it compares to ours” table

i wouldnt want to run. Im considering joining but im not sure if there are other members around who would be receptive to my values. I just asked about joining because i know writs need to be finalised soon.

Well depends on your values, if Part I of our constitution describes our values the best: https://pirateparty.org.au/constitution/#part-i

If you agree with that, then our values are compatible. It’s not necessary to 100% support all policies to be a member.

Do you have any particular question or concern?

We are a pretty open bunch in being accepting of other ideas

We’re not registered at state level in any state, so AFAIK it’d be similar, if not same, to ACT election a few years ago where our candidates contested as INDs and we simply endorsed them.